Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on October 3, 2012
UPDATE
As many pointed out, the screen protector is bad. It's much harder to put on than other brands for some reason (don't know why because they use the same material..). The lock button works well IMO. Still, I'm lowering my review to 4 stars because of the screen protector and higher price point.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I ordered this TPU case in smoke along with the clear cover case that Amazon is also selling. I usually don't buy items unless there's a substancial amount of reviews but I figured it's only 10 dollars and it's from Amazon so there should be no trouble returning them if there was something wrong with it.

The case fits well. It's snug enough that it won't come loose but it's also not too tight like some other cases (i.e. Poetic cases). The camera hole is large and all the buttons feel natural when pressed. I'm not a big fan of the large cutout on the bottom (my other case from TechArmor, which is very similar to this one, has separate cutouts which is nice), but at least you won't have to worry about your connectors not fitting. There is enough lip on the front of the case so the screen doesn't touch the surface when faced down. The case itself is made of TPU which is sort of a hard but flexible plastic. What I really like is that there's no obtrusive branding on it like many other cases.

I already have a screen protector on my phone so I did not install the included one. From the looks of it, It does seem to be anti-glare and lines up with the phone. From a subjective standpoint, the smoke goes really well with the white iPhone 5. Overall, another great, quality product by Amazon.
55 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
I got this case because it's very minimal and in. I generally prefer bumpers over full-blown cases. However, I would not recommend this case, at least in white. Mine began turning blue from putting it into my jeans pocket numerous times during the day. It looked great when it was new, but the staining ruined it, so I've gone back to a case I was using before I bought this one.
This case is not bad for the price but the fit is slightly loose around the screen.

It's a good 'interim' case but if you are willing to spend a more, you can get a much better case in another brand.
on December 31, 2012
I decided to try out this Amazon basic case since I have a iphone 5 and finding a case initially was almost impossible. I have a white phone and like the clean lines of the AmazonBasics clear case. The plastic is somewhat glossy and provides ample protection. The buttons are all protected by the case and so are the silver areas around the port openings. I did like that. The one thing I did not like was the fact that after about a month, the case just took on a dingy appearance and started to look horrible. I have owned several white cases from other makers and have never experienced this other than on the AmazonBasics case and the Belkin white case I reviewed. Although I liked the coverage they provided, I would not recommend either case. I would recommend going with an Incase case if you are looking for a white case. The quality of the plastic is better and it will not pick stains like these do.
on July 30, 2014
These cases are inexpensive and very no frills. I have an iPhone 5 for work and a 5s for personal use. I wanted to be able to easily tell the phones apart so I got one case in black and another in white. The back of both cases is a clear plastic and only the band around the sides is black or white.

I'm still using the black one on the work issued phone. It has done a decent job protecting the back of the phone from scratches and giving me an easy way to identify this phone from my personal one.

The white one however I threw out. After about three months the white plastic started to discolor significantly. My wife must've noticed because the in-laws gave me a much nicer case for my phone at Christmas.

As a no frills case these work pretty well. They do come with screen protectors. But, they will not protect your phone from shocks or falls. They will only protect your phone from scratching.
on October 6, 2012
Using this case as an interim solution until I find something more stylish. It's very basic but does protect the phone well enough. It's tough flexible plastic, gives a good grip, there's no branding on the case, and isn't horrible looking. It is not worth $15 though. I paid $10, so minus some stars for the price hike. It's simply tough to recommend at that price. Even $10 is high for something so simple.
on October 20, 2014
Bought Amazon Basics TPU cases for our iPhone 4 & 4s several years ago (after EXTENSIVE research) and couldn't have been more pleased with our purchase. They protected the heck out of our phones and really stood the test of time. So, when we upgraded our phones recently, we immediately went to Amazon and bought these TPU cases. We will continue to buy Amazon Basics TPU cases for ALL of our future phone upgrades.

They fit well, are lightweight and don't add much bulk to the phone. Best of all, I know that when I drop my phone (which I have and probably will continue to do from time to time) it is WELL protected.

Also, the Smoke TPU case looks great on the black iPhone 5s. :)
on January 6, 2014
I bought this for my silver 5s (White Rim) and it works well and looks great! I've had it a couple weeks now and I can see that it is getting slightly discolored around the edges, but I suppose I'd expect that with most white cases. The screen protector seemed unusually difficult to apply correctly without any corners off-kilter, but got it to fit after a few tries. I don't know how well it would protect it from a drop, since it is a rather thin and rigid rim, but it is certainly better than nothing. Plus, the thin rim allows it to fit in my pocket easily with hardly any added bulk.

Also, you can't beat the low price on the combo of the case and screen protector. I was in a big box store a few days ago browsing cases just to compare and the lower prices were around $29.99, which didn't include a screen protector. Some went as high as over $100 for a case! Granted, they're designed to withstand much more, but I had an AmazonBasics case for my 4s phone for its duration and it worked just fine and I paid less than $10 for both the case and screen protector.
on January 23, 2013
This is actually my third case of this type. First two were black (one for me and the misses) Then I saw the white one and loved the way it contrasted with my black Iphone. Unfortunately after about 2-3 weeks of use the brilliant white color started fading and turning a "dirty white/grey". Now I am a guy and carry my phone in my pocket all the time so I think it has been absorbing the color of my pants. I loved this case when I first got it and about 6 weeks after owning it had to but my black one back on because it looked soo dirty. The fit finish is right on and the black ones we have are still looking great.

Bottom line-be careful the white discolors fast.
on May 11, 2014
i really liked this product. It fits perfectly, it was transparent (smoke) color, it added very little additional bulk to my iPhone 5, and it protected the phone from damage. The only problem is that the case started to discolor–brown in my case. I otherwise enjoyed the case until that time. The seller provided prompt, quality service.