Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on October 8, 2012
This is a great app for learning how to sight read music as well as learn the piano layout. I could see the improvement in a few hours and now I'm working on getting more accurate with the increased BPM.
0Comment29 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2013
This is a great app! The one area my students tend to struggle with most is note reading. They want to learn quickly by ear, and as a piano teacher, I have to be sure they can actually read music, too. I've used this app several times and although my students find it challenging, they also find it FUN! This is very important when you're teaching younger students. It helps keep their attention. In addition, so much of what they do is computerized- including how they learn. So, this fits right in with how they live their day to day lives, both in and out of school. Note Trainer: The practice mode tells them the names of the notes. You can switch to the play mode, base or treble clef, sharps, flats, or none. My students have to read the notes on the staff and press the appropriate key on the piano. Super teaching tool and fun for all!
on February 4, 2013
i wish you could select the range of notes to review. beginners do not always know the very high or very low notes.
on May 2, 2013
Whenever I have a few moments, I can practice sight reading music with this little app. Since my older brain is slow to memorize, this is a great aid for me. The other apps I have tried for this purpose just don't work as well for me. Sometimes they are hard to understand how to use. This one is simple, but effective. I have been using it for about a month and my comprehension is improving. Kudos to the developer.
on January 21, 2013
A few decades ago, I practiced my notes with note cards. I would take it everywhere I go and shuffle through them to try to memorize them. Now that I'm trying to learn my piano music again, this app is a much better tool to try to remember my notes. It enables you to learn at your own speed. You can have the notations on both the virtual keyboard or music lines or you can hide them to build up the speed of your memorization. This app is a great tool!
on October 6, 2013
House, kids, dog etc etc, I had a hard time finding "time" to practice my notes and site reading. Simple, easy to use. I can play for a few minutes any time. My piano teacher says "what ever works"
I've seen a lot of improvement in a short time!
Ps...I could use a good chord app. Big box
on January 16, 2013
I've played piano off and on for about 5 years and one thing that usually inhibits me from getting back into it during my off seasons is how long it takes for me to refamiliarize myself with Piano notation. When I saw this app I downloaded it out of curiosity and was blown away by how effective it is.

It's pretty simple but offers a good amount of flexibilty at the same time and is quite enjoyable compared to staring at a piano music book for 20 minutes trying to figure out if G is the first note in the standard clef or if it's F(for anyone wondering, it's the F).

I highly recommend this app!
on April 25, 2013
Lots of fun and I enjoy utilizing the games and it enhances my grandchildren's piano lessons. I would recommend this to anyone who is serious about learning piano notes
on September 23, 2012
Big Box Labs hits a home run with this app and. I hope to see more music apps from them. Maybe a chord trainer.
0Comment8 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
The application looks great and sounds good but it does not fit the screen, I have to scroll to play. I find it weird because the size of my tablet is pretty standard 7 inches.
I hope they fix the problem because other than that it looks great.