Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on October 8, 2012
This is a great app for learning how to sight read music as well as learn the piano layout. I could see the improvement in a few hours and now I'm working on getting more accurate with the increased BPM.
on February 3, 2013
This is a great app! The one area my students tend to struggle with most is note reading. They want to learn quickly by ear, and as a piano teacher, I have to be sure they can actually read music, too. I've used this app several times and although my students find it challenging, they also find it FUN! This is very important when you're teaching younger students. It helps keep their attention. In addition, so much of what they do is computerized- including how they learn. So, this fits right in with how they live their day to day lives, both in and out of school. Note Trainer: The practice mode tells them the names of the notes. You can switch to the play mode, base or treble clef, sharps, flats, or none. My students have to read the notes on the staff and press the appropriate key on the piano. Super teaching tool and fun for all!
on May 2, 2013
Whenever I have a few moments, I can practice sight reading music with this little app. Since my older brain is slow to memorize, this is a great aid for me. The other apps I have tried for this purpose just don't work as well for me. Sometimes they are hard to understand how to use. This one is simple, but effective. I have been using it for about a month and my comprehension is improving. Kudos to the developer.
on January 21, 2013
A few decades ago, I practiced my notes with note cards. I would take it everywhere I go and shuffle through them to try to memorize them. Now that I'm trying to learn my piano music again, this app is a much better tool to try to remember my notes. It enables you to learn at your own speed. You can have the notations on both the virtual keyboard or music lines or you can hide them to build up the speed of your memorization. This app is a great tool!
on October 6, 2013
House, kids, dog etc etc, I had a hard time finding "time" to practice my notes and site reading. Simple, easy to use. I can play for a few minutes any time. My piano teacher says "what ever works"
I've seen a lot of improvement in a short time!
Ps...I could use a good chord app. Big box
on December 30, 2013
This is a fun and useful app. tho I have taken adult lessons, I am not as swift as I would like to be-especially on the bass staff. This is a good exercise and helps build speed. All good things for only a dollar.
on January 16, 2013
I've played piano off and on for about 5 years and one thing that usually inhibits me from getting back into it during my off seasons is how long it takes for me to refamiliarize myself with Piano notation. When I saw this app I downloaded it out of curiosity and was blown away by how effective it is.

It's pretty simple but offers a good amount of flexibilty at the same time and is quite enjoyable compared to staring at a piano music book for 20 minutes trying to figure out if G is the first note in the standard clef or if it's F(for anyone wondering, it's the F).

I highly recommend this app!
VINE VOICEon April 17, 2014
This is very a nice driller/game for anyone that wants to learn and practice sight reading with the G and F clefs for piano. The practice mode allows beginners to see the notes on the keyboard and the notes themselves. Once you are familiar with the note names and their postions on the staff, you can practice with the "hints" off. Finally, when you are confident in your reading, you can move on to the game. The game itself moves at a slow pace.

Wish list:

More than just two ledger lines, please!

An option so the game would switch randomly between the G and F clefs

An ability to change the speed in the the game mode (currently stays slow for many, many "Waves")

This app allows you to work with accidentals (single sharps and flats), but it would be really cool (and a way more challenging trainer) if you could work with key signatures.
on July 10, 2015
I teach music. This concept is good, but there are not enough keys showing for proper identification. For example, middle c and the higher c is the same key. How confusing this would be for my students. I have wasted a dollar. 🎹😬
on December 16, 2014
I really like the way notes go faster and faster, especially when compared to similar apps. 2 things I wish were the case: both bass and treble cleffs at the same time, and the ability to choose a starting wave number. If these 2 features existed it would get 5 stars for sure.