Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on November 21, 2012
I just purchased this computer for my girlfriend, and so far she loves it. I personally don't really like Windows 8 yet, especially when using the touchpad, but that is Microsoft's problem. The computer is fast, durable, and has a good sized screen. Perfect for her, as she mainly uses it for e-mail, movies, homework, and Pinterest. One thing to note is that the touchpad has quite a texture to it. Its a little awkward and doesn't have perfect touch response, and I foresee the pits collecting grime after a while. Overall, a great computer for the price!
11 comment|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
I'm a recent college graduate and this was laptop was meant to replace my old one as something for work and just lounging around. Overall, it ended meeting all of my expectations.

PROs:
-The screen is massive and the resolution is really nice
-The full keyboard and number pad, to include keys for screen brightness, play, rewind/forward, sound, and wifi.
-So far has run everything I've thrown at it, inluding Chrome with 15 tabs, and some games with medium-level graphics
-Boot-up is very quick
-Initial set-up is very easy and it goes from the original box to being used in about 7 minutes
-The textured feel to the laptop makes it seem much more durable.
-There's a built-in webcam. It has pretty bad quality, but a really large scope, so you can fit a lot of stuff into view.
-Windows 8, while not my favorite OS, has a lot of built in software that can be useful (think apps on your laptop) once you start to get used to it. Then again, they take up a lot of memory and could be downloaded from the internet just as easily.

CONs:
-The keyboard is a little "sticky" sometimes. I have to push my 'A' and 'C' keys a little harder than the others for them to work, making it a little noisier and slower to type.
-Since the mousepad has a textured-feel to it, it's jumpy until you start to get used to it. Easily fixed with a USB mouse.
-The placement of the external inputs is a little weird. It seems like they put everything on the sides in an effort to keep the computer a little slimmer. This is most noticeable with the power cord, which is on the left side. All of my sockets are on the right side, so it is constantly turning the computer. The USB, headphone/mic jacks, internet hardline, and external monitor inputs are all on the right side, front too, so they very easily get in the way when you have any of them hooked up.
-The CD tray feels very flimsy and strange. When you open it, it is slow to spring open, then feels very weak and is kind of hard to grip because of the curved outside.
-Software. Namely Windows 8 and Norton Security. I understand that it isn't part of the computer, but the OS is a little hard to get used to and runs a TON of background applications (including Norton) that slow down your computer A LOT at first.
-The speakers are horrible. I normally don't care about sound at all, but it is bad enough that I notice. Not as bad with movies as with music.

Bottom line: Great computer for the price. Any problems with the laptop are easily fixable (mouse, keyboard) or you get used to (Windows 8, general layout, etc.). If you're looking for a laptop just for work or for browsing the internet, this is your laptop. If you're trying to run really extensive software or games, you need something with a little more power.
on March 29, 2013
I'll start by saying this is a review of the product NOT the operating system (Windows 8)

Screen- Has a really nice size and very nice resolution- It's clear and only has distortion at odd screen angles.
Sound- It lacks a bit and stays on the low side making it difficult to watch movies
Keyboard- It's amply spaced but a bit bouncy, almost like it's not installed correctly, but it is, it's just a loose fit.
USB- 3, and comfortable
Touchpad- is textured, it takes a bit of getting used to but after a little you don't notice it.
appearance- it's just a laptop, there are no pretty lights or smooth finishes, no fancy colors or bells.
Weight- Easy enough to carry around, but it's still a 5 pound laptop.

I like the machine, it's perfect for email, internet, pictures and netflix. It's low priced because it's just an entry level machine.
on December 1, 2012
The battery charge is good for users who travel. The keyboard is a tad funky. It will take some getting used to. Overall good product. I would purchase again.
on December 31, 2012
It takes a little bit getting used to windows 8. Other then that it seems okay. The feel of it and the big screen is a plus. Just wish it was easier to use. Computers fine
on June 30, 2013
This laptop meets my needs just fine. Nothing fancy. Windows 8 is a problem. I haven't gotten in sync with it. Fortunately, it has a Windows 7 emulator the works just like my old computer. I'm happy.
on November 28, 2014
Wish They did not make windows 8.1. I enjoy this labtop b/c it has a wide area for a keyboard and a big screen. I"m big on typing so this thing can stand on it's own and is a lot bigger than other computers. It is a little bit bulky but not really heavy to lug around. The system is a bit slower than a sony computer windows seven my wife bought, but she spent one thousand dollars more. You get what you pay for. The windows 8 is really annoying to use and navigate. But that's a software issue and not the actual computer problem. WIndows 8 when you point to the corner a little menu thing pops up, which can be quite irritating after a while to get what you want. Also to find things are difficult, like in Windows 7 you had it all come out nice and organized at once with one click. In windows 8 you have to literally go to a separate window or type what you are looking for. Go to a store and test it out, you will understand. It's confusing and you don't know where anything is. Where is control panel? Where is documents? This is why they are discontinuing windows 8 and going back to a windows 7 model. Trust me I'm not alone in this, look around on the internet and see the statistics and news, MIcrosoft lost big time b/c people loved the format previously of how windows was. They are making windows 9 to compensate for this error. Don't get me wrong, this labtop is awesome, the windows 8.1 is the problem. I love PC's instead of Macs but regret this labtop for that one reason. Find a labtop that will not have windows 8, trust me you'll save yourself hours and hours of frustration and anger.
on January 11, 2013
Nice lap top but the audio really sucks. Sounds like someone talking into a tin can. Have to use external speakers or headphones for decent audio.
on August 4, 2013
I really don't know what to say except wow. For the little we spent on this laptop we have been more than pleased. Windows 8 takes a bit of getting used to. Its no XP or 7 for sure, but then again on the plus side, its not Vista either, is it? :) This computer loads up super fast, and was compatible with the 1 terrabyte seagate go flex external hard drive we purchased to go with it. I have been using it the most and I cannot stop using it. I am at it most of the time. I love this computer. Best $400 @ i ever spent in my life.
on May 13, 2013
The price caught my eyes as did the specs. The product was well worth the time researching and the price paid (I would not tell the company that less they hike the price)

Don't like the win 8 prefer 7 but that have nothing to do with the product, which did not seem to care one way or the other - it still worked with the version of windows thrown at it.