Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

Price:$1.29

on December 24, 2012
I like several of Muse's songs and I believe this one is my new favorite. It is almost hypnotic. My children also like it and insisted I put it on their MP3 players.
on December 19, 2012
My current favorite song.. The funky part with the bass guitar is what makes this song for me. Plus the amazing vocals.
on February 18, 2013
This song, played at high volume, when I'm alone makes me cry which is a good thing for music to do.
on March 21, 2013
No lie, I haven't heard a Muse song since I was introduced to them with "Uprising." I heard this song thanks to it being promoted nonstop for the NCAA Mens Basketball Tourney. I love it! Though some might disagree, "Madness" almost channels the U2 classics "Lemon" and "Walk On" especially how both Bono and Bellamy hit their vocal peeks by the end of their songs. The messaging surrounding "Madness" is splendid as one might struggle to let go or to not let go of a complicated romance. Matthew Bellamy just nails his vocals and definitely was worth the Grammy-nomination for Best Rock Song (too bad it didn't win).
on January 7, 2013
I don't really understand how one can objectively review a song. It's entirely a matter of opinion, and a review of a song is basically pointless. I can understand reviews for albums because you can rate an overall collection of songs, especially when the review comes out before the album.

But youtube exists now. It's not like you need to base your purchase on what other people think. You listen to the song, and if you like it enough to want it on your mp3 player (or in better quality than youtube)... (or if you want to support the artist), you buy the mp3.

I guess I'm just babbling and I need to write a minimum amount of words to be able to post this review... Seriously though, I love the fact that amazon hosts customer reviews, but it's a bit unnecessary for individual songs.
on January 3, 2013
times have changed , muse now are more successful in the usa than in their home country United Kingdom.

Madness was highly successful in the us hot 100, despite only reaching # 60 it has been 20weeks on this chart and 13 weeks at # 1 on the alternative songs chart.

for a good reason, this song is one of the best of 2012, it s such an amazing and catchy song, its alternative rock with rnb and electo-elements.

some critics claim, that it sounds like GEORGE MICHAELS faith under water, and they are right.

im listening to this song for months and it s the most played song on my ipod touch with 195 plays in the last year
on March 12, 2013
I heard a melody on the radio and found it had an interesting ryhthm. Then the harmony came and I was spellbound. But I did not know who the artist was. The voice was familiar but I could not place it. Then it ended. Of course no information on what I just heard. But I knew it would come on again so I waited. And then, a few hours later, I heard the song again. I listened for lyrics and looked it up. I should have known. It was "Madness" by Muse.
on January 2, 2013
Matthew Bellamy's voice (lead singer) and the backup vocals are amazing in this song. The dynamics of Madness is well-done: It's mellow and smooth, even-paced, easy-listening, it crescendos, it tells a story of love and loss and self-realization without the anger and attacks, and is a diversity of musical arrangements that completes the song. Listen for yourself and determine if Muse's Madness is one you want to add to your music playlist.
on March 8, 2013
I won't lie. This is a bit of a generic song review. But what I can say about " Madness " is that as an older consumer of classic rock from the 80's and such, (and a few other music genre's from then), I do find this piece a rather agreeable tune and enjoy it every time it comes up on my mp3 player! That, and my wife likes to crank it up, set up the auto-replay and let it play over and over.

Bruce aka, BruSimm
on March 5, 2013
Ok...I watch the Twilight movies and that was my first introduction to Muse. I LOVED their Supermassive Black Hole single and it was the one I listened to the most on the Twilight album. Since then, I've grown to love their music, and when I heard this single on the radio, I couldn't wait to add it to my song collection. I love the deep tones! Another song for my exercising playlist.