Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on October 16, 2012
Anyone who has ever seen R&B superstar Kem in concert knows that you're in for a musical treat. Not just because of the music, which is absolutely phenomenal because Kem has such a unique voice and is such an amazing talent, but because he shares his life, wisdom, and faith onstage as well. Much to fans and critics delight, the highly regarded crooner is releasing a Christmas album, "What Christmas Means" on the Universal Records Label on October 16th.

As you listen to the very first song, "Glorify The King," you know you're in for a treat and that this isn't just any Christmas album. Though some Christmas favorites are included, such as "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" and "The Christmas Song", "What Christmas Means" is full of heartwarming originals that serve to remind us what Christmas is really about. Choirs, stellar vocal and musical performances, superior arrangements and production are the hallmark of this album. And if there's a Santa Claus, the album will almost certainly receive a Grammy nod.

"What Christmas Means" is destined to become a Christmas classic, not just for Kem fans, but for anyone and everyone who loves great music, and it's almost a certainty that this album will be played all year round. Beautiful, touching, colorful harmonies take the solid lyrics and music to heights that soar and never let you down. This album shows Kem's "softer" side, and the piano shines one song after another as his only accompaniment at times.

Pick up your copy of this 10 track holiday gem and "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas!!!" Much to this reviewer's delight, Kem has done it again.
0Comment47 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
At first, I was hesitant about purchasing yet another Christmas CD. I have been waiting for Kem to come out with something. When I previewed it on Amazon, I felt that I had to have it. Although it is a Christmas CD, it is one that you will want to listen to at anytine. Kem's voices is intoxicating. Best album I've purchased in a long time, and I buy music! You won't go wrong with this one. I am still waiting on another Kem CD.
11 comment20 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2012
This album is a beautiful ride of classic Christmas songs with a twist of Kem's soulful creativity. I really enjoyed this from beginning to end. He delivered a soft yet powerful rendition of my favorites. This cd is now a major part of my Christmas collection, so glad I found it!
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2012
I just downloaded this Cd New from Kem. A must have Christmas Album From a sensational Singer Very Soulful & Jazzy.Make this part Of your soulful Christmas Collection.
on December 2, 2012
Creative, relaxing,...KEM did it again. I would recommend this over any other Christmas album. There was a simple mix of traditional with his own creation.
on November 29, 2013
What a fabulous holiday collection. I love this mans voice and he has taken classic Christmas songs and breathed a new life into them. Nothing trite here. I will gift it to my senior relatives instead of cards in the mail. A gift that will lift the spirit of young and old and satisfies the religious aspects of the season too.
on October 28, 2012
A great mix of new songs and some classics sung only the way Kem can. More skewed towards religious themes than your commercial Xmas songs. If you like Kems vocals you will enjoy this cd.
on January 2, 2013
My mom is a huge Kem fan, so when I heard he had a Christmas CD, I thought it'd make a great Christmas gift. I went to two Best Buys where I was told it was sold out everywhere. I figured it must be great and decided to download it instead. I was mistaken. It's just OK. My mom said she didn't even really care for it. I'm so glad it was only $5.99 to download. I still have yet to find a Christmas album that comes close to the Jackson 5's.
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2013
I REALLY ENJOYED .THIS CD. I LOVE LISTENING TO KEM, GREAT CD TO RELAX TO AFTER A HARD DAY AT WORK
on December 27, 2013
I was looking for something different for Christmas music. What I liked was that it was not your regular Christmas songs. Lovely album! It was sexy, smooth and soothing. I didn't know what to expect since I've never heard before. It had some of the classic Christmas songs and then Kem originals. He made it a Kem Christmas. I would definitely recommend this album if you want a time away from traditional Christmas songs.