Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$9.99

on January 21, 2013
My teen asked for this. She listens to punk metal and this was a nice combo of several artists for her.
on January 9, 2013
Ok, I have all the "punk goes..." CDs and I have to say, this is the best one. Almost every song is strong and awesome and puts a great spin & interpretation on the original. This CD rocks. Trust me, I wouldn't lie to you. I'm a 38 year old punk/rock enthusiast.
on December 4, 2013
Really Awesome stuff! To be honest I'm not a fan with American Modern Pop Music but when groups like Upon This Dawning does Call Me Maybe and Like Moths to Flames cover Some Nights,they make those songs really enjoyable to listen to.That's what I like about The Punk Goes... Series,they're awesome making Popular music for the casual listeners pretty epic for the other listeners who's not into Mainstream.Worth getting.
on May 17, 2013
Love it~!! And it came with a sample cd of others great songs.
I play it every time I need a energy boost~
on October 22, 2013
Have to really be in the mood for fun to listen to it. And that's about it. Fun album with cool takes on pop songs. Some were really well done and preferred over or equal to the original an some are as much a pass as the original.
on June 26, 2013
Punk goes pop albums really put a new twisted spin on current pop songs heard on today's radio. These redefined pop songs transform into hardcore punk/screamo. Please take a look at the songlist before purchasing this 5th album. Grenade provides a nice overall tone with no screamo unlike Boyfriend that has screamo moments in which could irritate your ears while Glad You Came starts soft and pretty much ends up as screamo at the end of the song. Basically this album is quite nice but is not for the light-hearted rockers.
on December 30, 2012
Ok so nothing on Earth is perfect, but this is pretty close. I personally am happy to see a lot of "screamo"/ post-hardcore covers on here. The breakdowns are timed excellently and are ridiculously brutal in some cases. But they sound great in any case. Lots of great clean vocals as well. Every song on here is incredible.... just incredible. Yes, there is a healthy dose of screaming, but this IS punk goes pop as I recall.... *ahem*. But the screaming is, for the most part, VERY brutal. And the clean vocals soar with beautiful instrumental backing(s) as they should. Overall, this album is an easy 5-stars. If you enjoy post-hardcore, incredible clean vocals, and top-charting pop songs being ripped apart by punishing breakdowns, then this is the album for you. Incredible.
on November 23, 2012
I agree with some of the reviews on here. Too much screaming and non-music in songs like Mercy, covered by The Word Alive, and Call Me Maybe, covered by Upon This Dawning. Like Moths To Flames should have completely stayed away from Some Nights because the original is such a complex and technical song! LMTF's musicality ends with their ability to syncopate rhythms and keep a breakneck tempo; not particularly in the vocal department.

HOWEVER, there are certainly enough fun songs to get your money's worth out of the album. MMF's cover of Grenade is great. Mayday Parade's cover of Somebody that I used to know rivals the original, IMO. Glad you came, Billie Jean, We Found Love, Payphone, Paradise, and Ass Back Home are all notable songs worth listening to. Your friends will enjoy the music, and probably thank you for the chuckle when they hear Breathe Carolina throw down to Michael Jackson.
on April 18, 2014
I am so happy with this and I am also happy it had bonuses in the cd case too! I really love this CD and the other ones I ordered with it too!
on April 18, 2013
These albums are so epic! I love finding excuses to listen to mainstream pop music, and it is so great to hear more intense versions.