Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 23, 2013
Best song the Rolling Stones have done in years. Doom and Gloom is classic Stones, real rock n roll with a little bit of subtle social commentary. Unbelievable for artists almost in their 70's. Will they still be performing when their Leonard Cohen's age? Lets hope so. Modern Pop music is so, so boring and bland. Go Stones.
on November 25, 2012
Mick's songwriting skills have'nt run out of steam yet. An impressive feat for a rocker his age. How he continue's to be edgy this far down the road is a rarity. Best song on the radio right now. Blow's away anything else by band's that are half his age. Kind of sad that we have to rely on veteran act's like the stone's to hear a great song. While young band's turn out such lame garbage.( Except the Black Key's, and Queen's of the stone age) Techno tinged, and wrap influenced rubbish.
on March 13, 2013
Stones are great, old, but still great. I love this song and both videos released are good too. I can't seem to convert the mp3 download in order to get it on a disk to play on my older stereo system. I'm limited to my Sandisk Sansa...I'll probably pick up the whole Grrr CD once the price comes down on the used ones. For 99cents this was well worth it, another hit from the worlds greatest rock n roll band.
on May 18, 2013
This sounds like such a prime slab of golden era Stones, circa Shattered/Start Me Up that it's hard to believe it's not a outtake from the 70's. They're hitting on all cylinders. Nothing innovative but classic riff and muscular Mick vocal. Why haven't they put this much bite into almost anything else they've recorded in the past 20+ years? These AARPers still have it, when they're feelig motivated
on February 3, 2013
This song simply shows that rock n' roll is ageless. The accompanying video is also GREAT, starring Noomi Rapace of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" fame (Swedish versions)

Classic "Human Riff" Keith Richards composition, and clever wordplay by Mick Jagger.

It ain't rocket science, but it IS rock n' roll, and I LIKE IT.
on December 27, 2012
While I do really enjoy the song, I feel that it drags on a bit at the end. The beginning hooks me right away, and it's a fun ride, a reminder that this band remains talented despite ages that reduce many men, no embolden them. However, towards the end, it just feels the tiniest bit drug out. Still, I definitely enjoyed it.
on February 23, 2013
If I'm rocking like this when I'm closing in on 70, sign me up. Charlie Watts knows a beat, and the signature intermittent guitar from Keith is vintage stuff. This song pushes you along, and my god they even bring up politically-relevant topics like fracking. I guess the Stones are 'not fade away'.
on November 19, 2012
only a zombie would dislike this song....if someone tells you they don't like this song they are definitely a zombie and you should use extreme caution when dealing with them....
33 comments2 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2013
This is the best rock song the Stones have made recently and it speaks
to the rock 'n roll masses in our current times. Simple, straight-forward
and classic performance by Jagger and great rhythm from Richards.
on January 24, 2013
I'm not an album reviewer, but this song is just as good as anything they've ever written. And I would recommend hitting up youtube and watching the video too. It's awesome. Good stuff. Keep rockin', Stones!