Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$8.99

on November 26, 2012
Even if there are no licenced video game themes on here, this soundtrack gives you the strong impression that they actually are. The track "Life in the Arcade" sounds vaguely familiar to anyone who has ever played a Mario game for the original NES. The J-Pop song "Sugar Rush" taps into fond memories of games with their audio untranslated from Japan; it's insanely catchy & appeals to the anime lover as well. "Messing with the Program" is eerily soft, denoting the film's moment when the infamous Konami Code was used for evil. Disney is really branching out to audiences with this film/soundtrack, but unlike some attempts by others, they are pulling it off faithfully. Definitely recommended!
on November 10, 2012
Just saw this movie again with my 5 year old son. We absolutely loved it. The soundtrack is also outstanding, for me a bit nostalgic. Couldn't be happier w/ my purchase.
on June 1, 2013
My family and I enjoyed the movie so much we HAD to have the soundtrack! My hubby and are are from the "Atari Generation" and love how this soundtrack evokes our childhood memories as well as create ones for our children. The only track that I like to skip over is "Cybug Hunt" because it gives me a tad of a headache, but of course, it's one of my boys' favorite tracks.
VINE VOICEon December 11, 2012
Henry Jackman has been riding in the fast lane recently as his career has propelled from additional music writer for Hans Zimmer to full-fledged auteur. His scores for X-Men: First Class, Monsters Vs. Aliens, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Puss In Boots have all been fantastic. Jackman scored Disney's Winnie The Pooh last year and it seems that kept him on the studio's radar. Wreck-It Ralph presented Jackman with the perfect opportunity to blend retro with modern in this wonderful score from the extremely versatile composer.

The music for Wreck-It Ralph has a wonderful soundscape and right from track 1 of the score we see how Jackman has incorporated that good ol' 8-bit sound into a modern feel. That first track also introduces us to Ralph's theme. Anybody who grew up with a GameBoy, NES or SNES will appreciate this score much more. While Jackman does play a nod to the early stages of game music he doesn't rely on it. The score is a wonderful orchestral experience that uses the electronic soundscape as an accent. Since the title of the film is also the main character one would expect this score to be character centric, and it really is. While the music plays the action very nicely, you can feel every ounce of story and character within it as well. Ralph's theme here is a simple 4-note motif that manages to resonate a lot of emotion for his character. The entire score just makes you feel good and has Jackman's emotional sensibility that prevents it from being hollow or empty. You may even get a few waterworks flowing after the final two tracks where we hear that 4-note theme take on a fully orchestral variation that signifies that Ralph's transformation into something more than just pixels on a screen. Wreck-It Ralph is simply a wondeful score.

Henry Jackman really excels here and we've seen him accomplish so much in the past few years that it's wonderful to see him as one of the respectable auteurs working today. His music connects with people and he is able to blend classic sensibilities with modern sounds effortlessly. You're going to be seeing him headline bigger and bigger projects in the future for sure as he's already proved himself as one of the most capable and versatile composers working in the industry.
on October 15, 2014
I decided to purchase this album (the sound track for "Wreck-It Ralph") quite a while after seeing the movie. I found that there were certain songs/pieces from the movie which basically seemed to stay with me, and were sort of stuck in my head.

So I got the digital download version of the album and I have to say that I am very pleased with it. This album has an interesting mix of songs!
on June 7, 2013
So this was a gift for my 2 year old little girl. I got it for her so we wouldn't wear out the end of the Blu-ray as it always becomes a dance party through the credits. We usually just play the first 5-7 tracks, but it is pretty fun to listen to the "Mario-era" themed music from the movie. Its a fun buy!
on December 6, 2014
The only song I would remove is Celebration, I can't stand that song lol

I bought it for:
Bug Hunt (Noisa Remix)
Sugar Rush
Wreck-It Ralph theme

(I'm an audiophile and a huge fan of this movie so had to have the CD for lossless quality sound instead of crappy MP3's)
on October 1, 2014
We listened to this constantly when first purchased. My kiddo was age 8 when the Wreck-It Ralph soundtrack was originally bought. We are a family of true music lovers. When my child's friends would come over they lost interest when the score started several songs into the album, but we love storytelling with instruments. This album is fun and sometimes weird.
on September 17, 2013
As a fan of video games, I absolutely loved the movie about an arcade game villain "gone good" by proving that anyone can be a hero. The numerous characters from other video games and arcade games, the different style of animation depending upon the gaming world, and the humor really make this one of the best movies to come out in years. The soundtrack for this movie is also heavily inspired by video games but the Buckner and Garcia song "Wreck It Wreck It Ralph" and Owl City song "When Can I See You Again" really stick out in my mind. If you loved the movie, get the soundtrack and you will not be disappointed!
on December 5, 2012
Love the songs!! Loved the movie!! Loved the ease of just downloaded from Amazon to my computer--quick, simple, and fast!