Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on March 27, 2013
I'm 41, so today's music has definitely passed me buy. As nice as this song in, the use of the unnecessary, almost forced curse words really took away from it. Now, I didn't along my personal opinion of that to affect my review score because the song is a really good song. The music and overall singing style of The Weeknd really makes the song what it is. However, as a grown man, I can do without all of the mf's and f's. This song is great for college students, but adults may shy away from it. At least this version.
on January 14, 2014
But the video was totally off. That is why there were other version of a video. This could have made a hell of a video, if he would have found the right person. This song makes me sad while I am singing it, because it sounds so real, like a real life situation about somebody abusing heroin to make pain go away, and they are trying to get a lover on it.
on September 29, 2013
Heard this on satellite radio one day on the way home from work.
I listen to a wide variety of music. My mood determines what I listen to a lot. Hard to explain how this one fits in but it does.
Downloaded this one for my laptop, kindle, and android. :-)
on January 4, 2013
I love this song! At first u think he's talking about a lost love, but he's talking about needing an ego boost. I wouldn't normally get into a song like this but The Weeknd has a way to obfuscate his meanings at first listen which I think is artistic...
The Weeknd may be most known to some as guesting on Drake's "Crew Love" from his Take Care [Deluxe Edition]. On that cut, The Weeknd proved a perfect match for Drake's emo-rap/R&B sensibility, delivering lovely tenor vocals. The R&B 'solo' artist's voice is even sweeter and more emotional here, delivering this mysterious, emotional ballad exceptionally. Much like the music of the day, The Weeknd doesn't spare any share of expletives, explicitly articulately his feelings much like any twenty-something of the hip-hop age (yes, that means f-bombs). Regardless whether that offends or doesn't (there is an edited edition), "Wicked Games" is nothing short of beautiful.

Well produced with its array of lazy and lush sounds, the backdrop for "Wicked Games" is stunning and different from any other R&B cut out there. Very much a member of the 'bohemian,' Alt-R&B movement, The Weeknd is in a league that includes Frank Ocean (channel ORANGE and Miguel Kaleidoscope Dream. The cut is a grinder, clocking in at nearly 5 ½ minutes. While that coupled with the slow tempo should make "Wicked Games" feel lethargic, it doesn't. There is enough emotion and passion that "Wicked Games" feels as if it could last longer and it wouldn't wear on one. All-in-all, it proves and excellent promo single for the November 13th release of Trilogy (Explicit). 4 Stars.
on December 19, 2012
This song is so sexy! I love The Weekends voice. His whole album is pretty good. Its one of those albums where all you have to do is press play and let it go all the way to the end.
on December 31, 2012
I heard this song on Sirius and I decided the first time I heard it I had to buy it, as it really is a great song. Maybe it just fit into what was going on in my life.
on January 26, 2013
I had never heard of The Weekend before. It's a strange name for a solo singer. Anyway, I heard the son on the radio and had to have it. I really like his voice.
on June 1, 2013
I only buy songs that I love or that my family love. This is one of those songs. My love of music crosses many genres and this song has a great sound to it.
on February 5, 2013
Yes the song has words and subjects not suitable for everyone, but I can't help but to listen and listen to this song. The feel of it and The Weeknd's voice.