Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on November 13, 2012
Really impressed.
Couldn't ask for more.
What I like the most:
Its super sensitive touch screen
Nokia City Lens (maps). Gorgeous!
Nokia Music, which puts its rivals to shame.
Nokia Pureview. Wont believe it. The pictures are amazing! 8.7 megapixels.
Its low-light performance. This alone makes it a must buy!
Its wireless charger, love it.
Battery life, excellent.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Thanks NOKIA!
44 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
Excellent phone! Would recommended to everyone! So happy with it!!!
Worth every minute of waiting! Thanks Nokia and MSFT!
Excellent apps, connection, good battery life and it looks INCREDIBLE!!!
Just its camera and maps makes it the phone of the year!
on November 17, 2012
This is one of the best phones I used in a while. I've had an iPhone 3.x and 4.x and the Nokia 900 over the past few years... and I really like each one of those phones. But, the Nokia 920 blows them all away! It feels solid in your hand. The screen is crisp and clear to read... even outside. The price point is absolutely unbelievable! The camera takes fantastic pictures! Wireless charging is something you won't be able to live without after you get it! I went for the Yellow 920 and I couldn't be happier. I love the glossy finish! Aside from feeling solid, it just feels nice to the touch! I'm very happy I didn't choose an extra row of icons, never mind the extra cost (the iPhone 5) over the Nokia 920! If you been considering going with a Windows Phone, you just need to go do it! You won't be sorry!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 20, 2012
I've had two Lumia 900s, both suffered drops that cracked the screen (though they also made it safely through quite a few drops, I am a klutz). So I decided to get the 920, and I am thrilled with it. It comes in some gorgeous colors (bright yellow!), and it has such a beautiful and sleek form factor that I'm loathe to put it in a case (hence my blue Lumia 900's vulnerability to drops). It gets excited looks and questions wherever I go. Last week I took it out during a meeting with about 15 of our marketing folks (predominantly young guys), and it ended up getting passed around the room with lots of positive chatter - until the conversation turned to apps. I agree, it has most of the apps I want, but not all of the ones that I used consistently on my iPhone, and that has been the downfall of Nokia phones in recent history.

The marketing campaign for the 900 was all about how everyone had been a smartphone beta tester, and this was the real deal. Followed closely by a software glitch bad enough that Nokia then gave a credit to everyone who bought a subsidized phone that made the phone FREE. I'm sad to say there are still some big problems with the Lumia line. This Lumia has had some rebooting issues, the short battery life is still a big letdown (you are running on vapors by the end of every day), and it's hefty. It fits in a pocket, but you really feel it, especially if you sit down. All in all, however, I do love this phone and I love having something that not everyone else has.

PROS

*Form Factor: it's different, and gorgeous, and a conversation starter. People want it, or want to try it.
*Camera: It has a great 8.7 megapixel camera with optical image stabilization (Carl Zeiss, as always with Nokia) and takes good images even inside my house even with curtains drawn. Sharp.
*Screen: 4.5 inch screen with gorilla glass, stunningly sharp 1280 x 760 resolution and blur reduction. It is also impressively sensitive. Nokia is based in Finland, and they have 10 months of cold. Nokia engineers have been very motivated to make a phone that can be used while wearing gloves.
*Operating System: The Windows operating system features bold, bright colors, animated images, and a very intuitive and easy interface. I try to restrict my conversations with friends because inevitably people ask to play with the pretty interface and seem to have no qualms about opening my personal email, work email, and texts. I'm still not sure how much I like it that this phone is so attractive and attracting that it makes people forget boundaries.
*Responsiveness: Superb. It has a dual-core processor, but it's optimized to run smoothly on slower chips. 60 fps screen refresh rate. It's zippy in most everything you do. 4G/LTE supported.
*Maps: best in the business, and Nokia Drive is awesome. I used the 920 when I was in Chicago and it got me where I wanted to go via buses (I know, I'm cheap) every day with no issues (bus times, stop locations, etc).
*Some sweet extras: wireless charging and near field communication. And they finally give you a way to resize your tiles, a lack that annoyed me with the 900. Also interfaces with my Xbox 360. I still can't set up my TV programs to record (via my cable provider) like I could with my iPhone however.
*Sound: one of the things that seems improved - music quality is not bad if I forget my headphones and I can carry on business calls via speaker.
*Price: a LOT cheaper than an iPhone.

CONS

*Size: heavy, big in your pocket and just slightly too big to be comfortable in your hand.
*Battery: you know that sinking feeling you get when you have a low battery warning at the end of the day and there is something important you have to do with the phone that you may not be able to if you can't get to a charger. Yes, it's a jaw-droppingly beautiful display, but this is the result.
*Operating System: Still some glitches. Nokia did spit out the Lumia line pretty quickly after the partnership with Microsoft was inked, and they are still on an aggressive timeline. The company is in trouble, and clearly is trying to strike the balance between getting this phone into people's hands while still maintaining quality.
*My plea to Nokia: I want to see the time/date and notifications without activating the phone. I loved the N9 for that. Please bring that functionality to Lumia.
on December 9, 2012
PROS--------
-The speed is great.
-Beautiful screen and great in sun light.
-Touch screen works in the cold and with ordinary gloves on.
-Great Sound, video and still shots.
-hard uni-body of the phone seems very durable
-tethering is simple to use great to use.

CONS------

-Customization is lacking can't customize SMS notification tones, system font, etc.
-NO MEMORY EXPANSION!
-No reminder LED for missed texts, current e-mails, or missed calls.
-Camera settings - not enough of them.

I have had this phone for about two weeks and I love it. The battery life is great the phone runs lean so it doesn't run the battery down. The screen is beautiful to look at and use. I live in the northeast so it is getting cold and I love that you can use the touch screen while using regular gloves. The colors coming out of that screen are beautiful and vibrant.
The phone is very fast and responsive so it has no problem running the new Windows 8 that it comes with. The camera is very nice and it takes some really nice pictures even in dim light. Voice calls are the clearest and the most noise free I have heard on any smartphone that I have owned so far. The outer shell of the phone is very strong and tough although it is a bit slippery for me at times since I picked the Yellow one. I got it while the offer for the free NFC wireless charger was offered so I have that as an accessory and it is really neat. Like that I can just lay the phone onto the wireless charger and not have to mess with the tiny USB connector for the regular wall charger. The wireless charger seems to take little longer than the wall charger. Overall Nokia has done a good job at the phone design like they have in the past. I owned a Nokia 5160 and that bad boy was heavy but tough as nails. The Lumia 920 reminds me of that toughness.
Now what I don't like about the phone is the lack of features and setting in the software. Yes the Windows 8 tiles interface is easy to navigate and figure out. Yes you can move the tiles around and "customize" where your tiles are on the screen. Yes you can "pin" things and apps to your main screen. What you can't do is really customize the phone to be "for each of us" like Microsoft advertises. You can add special ringtones for your calls but you can't do the same for anything else. You are stuck with the boring and not as loud notification tones setup by Microsoft and Nokia. There is no notification led light on the phone for missed calls either. I could have said that during while I was talking about the hardware but since everything is controlled by software they could have used the software to control some of the navigation lights that are present in the front to notify you that there was a missed call or a message waiting for you - perhaps light up the "windows logo" light to a constant pulse. You can't change the phone's system fonts or much of anything else that you could think of. I am sorry if it may seems petty but if the phone's operating system is advertised to be "for the each of us" that means customization to the max and I don't see it in the Windows phone 8 OS. Add more customization to your OS Microsoft, please, "for each of us".
SB
on October 14, 2013
I've had a Nokia in the past and was pleased with the quality, hand feel, and overall functionality, so I decided to give this one a shot. I specifically wanted a Windows phone.

The interface is great - intuitive and fairly easy to use. Set up was a snap. The only issue I had with this phone overall was sim card access. There is a small key you use to pop the latch to open the sim card slot. It is extremely difficult to make this work correctly. A google search will show that this is a common issue, and I hope Nokia has moved to address it in subsequent models.

The phone is MUCH larger than my last one, but I waited 3 years to get a new one so that's not a surprise. I found it fairly easy to adapt to the new size. The screen size is great - I can actually surf with this one - and the touch screen is pretty responsive as well. The onscreen keyboard is easy to use. For base functionality, it's great.

I find that the camera is excellent for portraits. I brought the phone to the beach when I took my granddaughters and got some extremely nice pictures - good enough to print and display. The conditions were high contrast and low light - it seemed to handle both quite well.

Overall, I'm extremely glad I got this phone. I am hoping to stay with the Nokia/Windows combination from now on.
on December 8, 2012
Nokia Lumia 900 was OK, but Lumia 920 will surpass your expectations!

One thing you will love immediately is the Screen. It is gorgeous, bright and crisp!

Windows Phone 8 makes the 920 look even better with all the tiles in the Home Screen. Your home screen isn't just a screen with static icons anymore! Yes, you might not find some of your favorite apps if you are moving from iPhone, but if you are looking for something new, fresh and something that reflects YOU, then you should try Windows Phone. Lumia 920 is a great device to give that chance.

Camera is another feature that you will love! Cinmeagraph is fun! And the photo quality is great!

I did notice few issues with battery and Bluetooth usage. There are also some reports of constant reboots in the Nokia forums, but I haven't experienced those. Nokia Drive Beta app is the culprit that drains your battery like anything! But hey, its a beta app and I think it is expected. With regards to Bluetooth, sometimes it will not connect to my car's Bluetooth. Will have to switch off and switch on Bluetooth to make it work. Just to be clear that these issues might very well be related to the OS and Nokia can fix it with an update.

It does not have a SD card extension but hey you get a massive 32GB storage! You can store a lot of things with 32GB! And with apps like SkyDrive, Box etc., you can keep your contents in the cloud so you can access it across your other devices.

And yes, NFC Tap + Send is AWESOME! :)
on November 20, 2012
I bought this phone from AT&T. This is the best phone I have ever owned. It's Fast, clean and fits in my hand. The screen is very bright and large. I liked it so much I bought my wife one too. Their are so many apps for it and Nokia does a great job of giving free apps. I like this better then the HTC since the screen is larger and Nokia has a larger steak in getting their phones into the market. This is the only phone that has wireless charging built in and the NFC transfer is really cool.

One word, buy this phone!
on December 31, 2012
The phone has a really great screen, with currently the highest resolution available on any Windows Phone, (and quite high for any phone). The phone is extremely fast and takes great pictures. The yellow exterior is very tough and resists scratching well. I have received many positive comments on the phone's unique color and design. The Windows Phone store is filled with fantastic apps that take advantage of the platform. More apps are released every day and Microsoft and Nokia have been constantly adding improvements and features to this phone. Highly recommended!
on February 17, 2013
The phone itself if of a solid, durable and gorgeous build. The camera is superb, and the screen is crisp and bright, even in direct sunlight.

WP8 OS is slick, fast and responsive. If you can unchain your brain from the iOS model of smart phones, then you will find that this thing is amazingly intelligent and efficient in its design. Third part apps still need to spend some more time, but now that spotify is available, I cannot think of anything that is missing from my phone. Its a great experience to use. Snobbish as this may sound, I like whipping out a phone that not everybody and their grandma has... I am always asked about it.