Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

• Home
  • Customer Reviews

Phillip Phillips (born Phillip LaDon Phillips, Jr., September 20, 1990) really made the airwaves sizzle when he released this awesome song! Not only did "Home" chart very high here in the US, the ballad soared up the charts internationally, too! The melody sounds great and the music fits in perfectly with Philip's vocals. The lyrics are touching, too; a guy reassures his woman that he will be always there for her; he will make a home for them together wherever they may be by truly being there for her and being sensitive to her needs.

A few more thoughts: "Home" is on Phillip's debut album entitled "The World from the Side of the Moon." Although Philip does write his own terrific songs and ballads; "Home" was actually written by Drew Pearson and Greg Holden. Nevertheless, with Phillip's excellent delivery of the song it becomes catchy and memorable with a marching band type of beat that works wonders for the number.

Phillip Phillips has a bright future ahead of him and this will probably be one of signature songs even many years from now. I highly recommend this song for download.
on April 9, 2013
Since the firts time I heard him sing on American Idel, Of loved his voice. And as soon as I heard this single, I knew I had to have it. Thanks for making it avallible for my Kindle Fire
on April 11, 2013
This piece of music is calming with an almost upbeat. I enjoy Phillip Phillips. And other artists to recommend with this type of music could be Max Schnider.
on April 9, 2013
This song is one that I don't grow tired of hearing. I admired Philip Phillips on American Idol and was happy that he won. He could not have picked a better song to start his career on. I hope he comes out with many more like this.
on March 26, 2013
Although I like the song, there's not much to it and I don't feel it warrants the price. Song consists of: verse (intro), chorus, 8 bar instrumental phrase repeated 3 times, chorus, 8 bar instrumental phrase repeated 3 times.
on December 19, 2012
This is the only song I've heard so far of Phillip Phillips. The music is catchy, the lyrics
are good. I found myself singing it as I holiday shopped. Decided I needed to add the
CD to my Christmas list.
on March 30, 2013
I've loved this song since I first heard it on American Idol. It's an unusual type of song for this artist to sing but if he's smart, he will stick to this genre rather than his usual rock style.
on August 3, 2013
This is a catchy, relaxing song that is a great addition to your music.

It's nice to have a song with good lyrics too.

LYRICS
Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave (wave) is stringing us along

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

I love a song with great LYRICS too. Here they are:

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. Oo-oo-oo-oo [x2]

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. Ao-oo-oo-oo [x4]
Aaa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa. Aa-aa-aa-aaaaaa [x4]
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2013
This was the song that made me fall in love with Phillip Phillips and his style of music. Lyrics and music stay with you for a long time.
on April 13, 2013
Bought this song after I saw Parental Guidence and this song reminds me of the American Family Insurance Commericial. Great song