Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

• Home
  • Customer Reviews

on August 3, 2013
This is a catchy, relaxing song that is a great addition to your music.

It's nice to have a song with good lyrics too.

LYRICS
Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave (wave) is stringing us along

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

I love a song with great LYRICS too. Here they are:

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. Oo-oo-oo-oo [x2]

The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo. Ao-oo-oo-oo [x4]
Aaa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa-aa. Aa-aa-aa-aaaaaa [x4]
Phillip Phillips (born Phillip LaDon Phillips, Jr., September 20, 1990) really made the airwaves sizzle when he released this awesome song! Not only did "Home" chart very high here in the US, the ballad soared up the charts internationally, too! The melody sounds great and the music fits in perfectly with Philip's vocals. The lyrics are touching, too; a guy reassures his woman that he will be always there for her; he will make a home for them together wherever they may be by truly being there for her and being sensitive to her needs.

A few more thoughts: "Home" is on Phillip's debut album entitled "The World from the Side of the Moon." Although Philip does write his own terrific songs and ballads; "Home" was actually written by Drew Pearson and Greg Holden. Nevertheless, with Phillip's excellent delivery of the song it becomes catchy and memorable with a marching band type of beat that works wonders for the number.

Phillip Phillips has a bright future ahead of him and this will probably be one of signature songs even many years from now. I highly recommend this song for download.
on March 12, 2014
Really good song, like to hear it on my way home, can't think of a better homecoming song whenever one is wanted or needed. Nice tempo, smooth voice, would take this one to my desert island. And I'm not that fond of most country, although quite eclectic in my musical listening choices. It just needs to be good and fill a niche. This one does it for me.
on April 9, 2013
This song is one that I don't grow tired of hearing. I admired Philip Phillips on American Idol and was happy that he won. He could not have picked a better song to start his career on. I hope he comes out with many more like this.
on December 6, 2012
I was not familiar w/ either this song or the artist (not being an Idol fan). The song was used repeatedly over a several week series of retreats, and I came to associate a strong sense of community with it. End of story, retreat over.

Months later, I'm cycling away at the gym, and here comes this song on the radio. I was blown away by how powerfully it brought up the emotions I'd come to connect w/ it. When the song played again on the radio the next morning, I listened for the artists name, came home and bought it.

The lyrics are powerful, the sense of emotion it evokes is powerful, and it's just fun to listen!
on December 19, 2012
This is the only song I've heard so far of Phillip Phillips. The music is catchy, the lyrics
are good. I found myself singing it as I holiday shopped. Decided I needed to add the
CD to my Christmas list.
on May 24, 2014
I downloaded this song for my weeding. It was my first time buying music and downloading directly onto my computer so I was not sure how I would like it (showing my age).. Would recommend this metho0d even to the skeptical.
on February 5, 2013
I really don't have much use for shows like American Idol and if it hadn't produced singers like Kelly Clarkson and Phillip Phillips, I likely would never bother even watching the highlights on Youtube. This song is great because of a catchy tempo that gains momentum as it rolls along and some inspirational lyrics. Phillip does an admirable job with the singing, though I wouldn't call it Grammy-worthy despite the incredible sales figures and extensive airplay.
Overall a great song that you won't mind hearing again and again. It's just that kind of song,.
on October 16, 2013
Enjoyable song with good lyrics, Amazon's service works and I prefer purchasing my music on amazon over Itunes because all your purchased music is stored on there cloud.. I like to have a diverse variety of music to enjoy. Listen to the sample clip before you buy.
on February 5, 2013
This is in my MP3 player that I use at the gym. But I think this would be the PERFECT song to use in a commercial about the ASPCA and rescued dogs and cats!! If you listen to the words it would be perfect for that type of message. Sort of like Sarha McKlauklin, ( or however you spell it) This is not as depressing as her song, more uplifing and happy ending kind''a thing.