Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on November 16, 2012
6 Top THQ Games for $10. Each with their own individual Steam key. What more do you want people !!
44 comments36 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2012
A little disappointing that the product isn't available to Canadians. Would have been just dandy to get these games.

Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall.
99 comments23 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2012
This is an great deal for PC gamers.
Comes with 6 different games from THQ worth about $130 when brought individually.
Each game comes with a steam key so you can activate them whenever.
Definitely worth the $9.99 paid during Gamespot's Black Friday deals
0Comment16 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 23, 2013
This was an incredible find! The only one of these games that I'd played before was Homefront, and most of the others were on my wish list, so imagine how thrilled I was to see them all in one neat and very inexpensive package!

My download experience wasn't too bad. Purchasing was pretty darn quick and easy, and I love how I can install these on any computer at any point in time going forward. They are saved at Amazon in my download library, which is pretty neat. I might have to start using that venue more often!

I'm an avid fan of Steam, let me say that first, so if you already are biased against it, please don't leave a negative comment or unhelpful vote on my review. Let's just agree to disagree, okay? For those of you who love Steam, though, you should appreciate the relative ease and security of using their software to download games. For those who might not know what I'm talking about, Steam is a gaming platform that downloads the software, installs it, and allows you to keep a library of your games going forward. You don't so much buy software on discs anymore, but keys, which you activate through Steam, which subsequently downloads the data/game. Bulky? Maybe. Easy to use? I think so. Secure? Oh yeah. Drawback: you do need an active internet connection to download the games, but UNLIKE Battle.net, you do not need one to actually play them, which I think is a HUGE advantage.

About the games...

THQ makes some solid software. It's not the absolute best on the market to some, including myself, but it definitely can hold its own enough. Homefront was kind of a huge letdown for me. It's basically the Red Dawn video game (before the remake of the movie came out), but the AI was so monotonous and boring, the missions were unnecessarily difficult even on easy mode, and the game was also just plain buggy at times. (I couldn't move on for a particular mission because pixels were stuck in the only way forward there was at one time, for instance).

The other games I've started on briefly, and they all show promise. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in particular looked like a fun and enjoyable game, and so far (apart from another bug I encountered), it has been. The world is very open and interactable (not a real word, sorry), the story is so far quite compelling, and the gameplay is fun. Same holds true for Metro 2033, albeit slightly more confined and dark and seems to be somewhat limited in the world itself.

Bottom line: for $12, which is what this pack was selling for, you're getting six games (that's $2 each!) of above par quality. Well... five games of above par quality and Homefront. ;) And even Homefront has a good story and some interesting missions. If they offer this pack/medley again, especially at the same price, jump on it! You won't be disappointed.
on December 18, 2012
Worth it for Metro 2033 alone, and it comes with all the other games too. Amazing deal. Loving it so much.
on December 19, 2012
I brought it 10$ it was great price for 6 games and i wanted to help thq for their economic problems.
on January 22, 2013
Homefront and Red Faction: Armageddon are just bad shooters trying to copy Call of Duty's success. Red Faction: Guerilla and Space Marine really shine when all of the gameplay elements come together correctly, but the gunplay might not be for everyone. Metro 2033 and STALKER are the gems in this grab bag of games, though: both are about trying to survive in hauntingly post-apoc atmospheric environments with scarce supplies.

If this package becomes available again, you should definitely buy it. Metro or STALKER alone make it worth the spare change.
on November 26, 2012
Before buying this bundle, I owned 3 of the 6 games already. I bought it because, even taking those games out, it was still a fantastic deal. Amazon has really been coming through on digital game sales lately, beating out deals that other digital competitors (such as Steam and the almost too-cheap-to-be-true Green Man Gaming) have. Great deal aside, here's a short review for each of the games in the bundle:

Homefront (5/10): This is a pretty mediocre shooter. It tries to win over the Call of Duty crowd with its obvious take on Red Dawn, but it's just not very fun to play. The story is ok at best, with a few moments here and there standing out, but nothing extremely memorable. Overall a pretty passable title.

STALKER (8.5/10): One of the three games I had played previously. This is easily the oldest in the bunch, but arguably the best too. It's an open-world survival shooter set in Chernobyl after the nuclear bomb goes off. You are a survivor among other survivors, trying to get the supplies you need to stay alive. All while fighting off the occasional mutant animal or bandit attack along the way. Very good game.

Red Faction: Guerilla (8/10): Probably my favorite game in the Red Faction series. Another of the games I played previously. I loved the open world direction they took the series in, and the destructible environments never get old. The story is ultimately forgettable, but who cares? This game is so much fun just to go in and smash stuff up. What other game can you walk into a building and take it down with just a sledge hammer?

Red Faction: Armageddon (6/10): A significant step back for the series, in my opinion. The open world environments are gone, replaced by the corridors of the early Red Faction games. The destruction is still fun, but severely limited when compared to Guerilla. This game doesn't really do enough to make it stand out, especially when compared to other similar third-person games available (including its predecessor).

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine (N/A): I haven't played enough of this to give it a review, but the few hours I have played seemed like a fairly generic shooter at its core. I will probably pick it up again and give it another chance, but it did nothing to suck me into its world or gameplay.

Metro 2033 (8.5/10): Another brilliant game worth the price of admission by itself. Set in the underground rail tunnels of post-apocalyptic Russia, this is a truly original first-person shooter. Everything feels so real and lived-in. All the weapons, items, environments, and people are worn out like you would expect, and the story is very well-made.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2013
I bought this pack for the Red Faction games and Homefront.

**Homefront: It's four hours. From what I understand, the multiplayer is super buggy and has been since release. It's yet another Call of Duty clone. There are only a few guns and a few scopes. Play mix-and-match. Disappointing. I was intrigued by the Red Dawn-inspired plot, but the game fails to deliver.

**STALKER is an interesting, though overly complex game typical of Eastern European game developers (ARMA). Sometimes you'll find yourself randomly dying because you're being shot at and you don't know it. A large part of this is that I rely on subtitles to tell me action is happening, but the game doesn't subtitle action sounds. But the ambiance is creepy and the mild RPG elements feel rewarding.

**RF: Guerrilla is a fun open-world destruction fest where almost everything can be smashed into tiny bits for profit or fun. It's just a super fun, enjoyable game and I highly recommend it. It is short, clocking in at 20 hours for 100% completion, but it's time well-spent.

**RF: Armageddon is a completely different game. Using the same Lego-ish "everything is made of smaller pieces" model, though to a slightly lesser degree, Armageddon is an over-the-shoulder 3rd person shooter. Your time is spent progressing through linear levels with low degrees of variance. It's a much more attractive and smooth game than its predecessor, but not nearly as original.

**I have not played Space Marine or Metro 2033.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2013
A good package, not likely to like all the games, but its a good entertainment pack for the price. Love the red factions, dont like the metro. have not played the rest as yet.